- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups instant oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 can Oregon Fruit Red Raspberries, drained, reserving syrup
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet edges with foil, lightly grease foil.
- Mix flour, oats and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender. Add extract. Reserve 2 cups oats mixture. Press remainder over bottom of pan (use enough mixture to cover pan). Bake for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together reserved syrup and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat until thickened and clear. Gently fold in raspberries. Spread raspberry filling over cookie base. Mix almonds and reserved oat mixture, sprinkle over preserves. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting into 24 bars.