Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
- 4 thick pork chops with bone in
- Kosher sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided use
- 1 can Oregon Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 Tbs finely diced shallots
- 2 tsp finely minced fresh sage
- Season the meat well with the salt, pepper and dried sage rubbing the spices into the meat. In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil so that the meat sizzles when you put it in the pan. Brown well and then turn over, cooking about 4 minutes per side. Meat should still be pink in the center. Remove chops from the skillet.
- Add the second Tbs of oil and sauté the shallots until golden brown. Add the wine and deglaze the pan scraping all the bits from the bottom. Drain the cherries and add the juice to the pan along with some more fresh black pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Add the minced sage. Add the pork chops and cherries and heat.
- Serve the pork chops with a ladle of sauce making sure each portion has about five cherries and garnish with a couple of whole sage leaves.
, Dark Sweet Cherries