- 1 can Oregon Fruit Dark Sweet Cherries, drained reserve juice
- 3 oz package sugar free black cherry Jello-prepare according to speedset directions using 3/4 cup boiling water and the reserved cherry juice adding ice cubes to make 1 ¼ cup
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4oz dark chocolate chopped (you can use mini dark chocolate chips or bar chocolate, chopped)
- 1 Oreo cookie crust
- Slice the cherries in half reserving a few to decorate the top. Prepare the Jello and chill for about 30 minutes until thickened but not set.
- Meanwhile whip the cream, slowing adding the sugar and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold about ¾ of the whipping cream into the gelatin, add the cherry halves and the chocolate chunks. Spoon into the crust. Decorate with some dollops of whipped cream, top with the reserved whole cherries and some shaved chocolate if you like.
Get the “skinny” Substitute the whipped cream for fat free vanilla yogurt or fat free honey greek yogurt.
This can be served as a parfait in nice dessert dishes without crust or use……
My New Favorite Semi-Good-for-You Pie crust
- 1c. organic unbleached flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Organic cocoa powder
- 2Tbs sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup lite olive oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add buttermilk and oil. Stir only until dry ingredients are blended in.
- Make a flat disc and roll between two pieces of wax paper. Remove top layer of wax paper and transfer crust into 9 inch pie plate with bottom wax paper still intact and on top. Remove wax paper from crust and flute edges. Chill in freezer about 30 minutes or up to two hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until dry and crisp. (Careful not to burn the edges. If you need to, make a ring with aluminum foil to protect the edges.) Cool before filling.