makes six individually-sized tarts, ~5 inches in diameter
1 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
6 Tbs unsalted butter-very cold and cut into small cubes
2-4 Tbs cold water
1. In a food processor or using a pastry cutter, mix the flour, sugar, and salt to combine.
2. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until it is the size of peas.
3. Gradually add the cold water 1 Tbs at a time and pulse just until dough begins to form.
4. Remove the dough from the food processor and form into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap or parchment paper and chill for at least 30 minutes.
1 small jar Nutella
1 Tbs cornstarch
1 Tbs sugar
1 can Oregon Fruit Raspberries, drained reserve juice
½ pint heavy cream
1 Tbs confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar with a wire whisk.
3. Whisk in the reserved raspberry juice. Cook over medium heat until juice is thickened and clear. It happens fast so continue to whisk gently so it doesn’t clump. Remove from heat and gently stir in the drained raspberries.
4. Roll out the pastry into 6 six-inch circles and lay in the individual tart pans with removable bottoms. Crimp the edges by pinching the dough all around. Place the tarts on a baking sheet. Prick the bottom with a fork a few times. Cut small circles of parchment paper and top with some dried beans to weight down the crusts so they don’t bubble up while baking.
5. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until light brown.
6. Remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack.
8. Add cream, sugar, vanilla, and cream of tartar to a mixing bowl and whip until peaks just hold up. Be careful not to over beat.
9. When the tart shells are cool, carefully pop out of the mini tart pans, place on a serving platter.
10. Spoon about 3 Tbs (more or less according to your preference) Nutella into each shell and smear it around the bottom. Top with Raspberry topping leaving about ½ inch of the Nutella exposed around the edges.
11. Decorate with the piped whipped cream.Tags: individual tarts, nutella, raspberry