Hungry Girl Crazy Good Blueberry Carrot Pancakes
- 1 cup shredded carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- ½ cup crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- ½ cup light vanilla soymilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 no-calorie sweetener packets (Splenda or Truvia)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can Oregon Fruit Blueberries, drained syrup reserved
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- Place carrots in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 Tbs water. Cover and microwave for about 1 minute, until softened. Once cool enough to handle, add egg substitute, pumpkin, pineapple, soymilk, vanilla extract and 2 Tbs. water. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other pancake ingredients: flour, baking powder, sweetener, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir will. Add carrot-egg mixture and mix thoroughly. Gently fold in ¼ cup blueberries. Set aside until the sauce is made.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the cornstarch and blueberry juice. Whisk over medium heat until thickened and clear. Remove from heat and add the rest of the blueberries.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add about a cup of batter to the pan to make a large pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes until pancake begins to bubble and is solid enough to flip. Gently flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until both sides are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Ladle on a heaping spoonful of blueberry topping. Enjoy!