- 2 pounds fresh baby spinach, washed
- 1 cup whole milk (must be whole milk; do not substitute or the spinach pie will be too runny)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 3 tsp. pre-minced garlic from a jar)
- 4 oz. shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the spinach in a large pot of boiling water, and cook for two minutes. Drain. Let cool 5 minutes. Wrap the spinach in a clean kitchen towel or between two paper towels, and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Coarsely chop the spinach. Set aside.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, and egg yolks. Add the garlic, cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chopped spinach. Pour into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake the spinach pie for 38 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Let the spinach pie rest 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.Tags: brunch, Spinach