Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix prepared according to cupcake directions. Cool completely
- 1 can Oregon Fruit Red Raspberries
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- Drain raspberries and mix syrup with cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and clear. Remove from heat and gently stir in raspberries.
- Create a small well (approximately ½ inch in diameter) in the center of each cupcake using an apple corer or the point of a peeler. Spoon a teaspoon of raspberry filling into the well. If you were able to remove an intact plug of cake, you can replace it on top of the filling. Frost with Raspberry cream cheese icing and decorate with sprinkles or sugar crystals.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Raspberry filling
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until very smooth. Add vanilla and then powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Gently fold in raspberry filling.