2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 1/3 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of one lemon
2 cans Oregon Fruit Blueberries, well drained
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour 8 mini bundt pans or one 10 inch bundt pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, oil, yogurt, brown sugar,vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth.
3. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly whisking after each addition until smooth and well combined.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour the cake mix evenly into the prepared pans.
6. Bake until the cake for 20-25mins for mini pans or 30-35 for 10inch or until toothpick comes out clean.
Amaretto Cream Sauce:
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 ½ cup whole milk,scalded 2 Tbs Amaretto Liqueor
½ Tsp vanilla bean paste
½ cup heavy whipping cream, whipped into soft peaks
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the hot milk, stir and pour into medium-sized saucepan. Cook and whisk sauce until it begins to thicken but not boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce into medium-sized bowl, add the Amaretto and stir until sauce cools. Add vanilla once sauce is cool.
- When completely cool, fold in the whipped cream
1 can Oregon Fruit Plums, drained and pitted; reserve syrup
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 Tbs cornstarch
In a small sauté pan, melt butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and heat until it begins to carmelize. Quarter the plums and then stir into the carmelized butter and sugar.
In a small saucepan, whisk the cornstarch into the plum syrup. Heat until mixture is thickened and clear.
Plate individual cakes, then top with a dollop of amaretto cream, divide the carmelized plums evenly and then drizzle with the syrup.Tags: Amaretto Cream, Blueberry, blueberry polenta cake, Carmelized Plums, plum sauce